Sunday, June 8, 2008

There's more?

You're still here?

Ah, you're lurking about for the youtube clip. I understand. Well, I can throw you a bite of catchy french disco - electrohouse, I think this exact subgenre is sometimes referred to. (Note-to-self: someday I should blog and make fun of the whole ridiculous "genre"-concept.)

As I mentioned last time, electronic music is spinning in circles on my stereo and in my headphones these days. After living in Paris for a while, I've tuned my ears to the marvelously stylish and yet danceable french disco-scene. Having ripped through the entire backcatalogue of the splendid Daft Punk (using Play, of course - piracy is so terribly 90's), I'm now in the process of hunting down sound-a-likes.

The tune DVNO by the french duo Justice is smack center in that territory. I've dug out a few other productions from their hand, and I must say that I'm not exactly a full-blown fan; but in DVNO they are impressively unafraid of applying the central ideas of a gut-thumping beat and synth-violins to reach the levels of true catchiness.

Enough with the introductions. Press play!

3 comments:

Mikkel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikkel said...

Question:
There's more?

The Corrent answer:
Yes. Hess is more
Video

Unknown said...

Ah. I see that you taunt me by posting a video with a Danish artist before me. I can only point to my belated fix.