Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mashup-hunting in Århus

Being in the music mecca Århus again - this time for pleasure, not for business - puts me in a funky mood. Having just laid the rest of my little family to rest, I'm surfing, remembering my old addiction to mashups - (popularized in Denmark as 'bastard pop' by the splendidly crazy radio show Monkey Business).

I'm wading through various levels of amateurism on Youtube, when I trip over this little jewel mashing up Depeche Mode and Madonna:



I was a huge Depeche Mode fan back in the days, and I guess the beat in "Personal Jesus" lends itself quite smoothly to this kind of exercise, but still - this is nice work. If you're in to this kind of thing, I can recommend a browse through the blog of the obviously talented creator DJ Appolo Zero.

No comments: