Thursday, July 31, 2008

Confessions of a habitual pop-addict

What is this? Pop on my Last.fm channel - Maroon 5?! What in the !#¤!"¤!" is going on? I thought, I had spent ages telling Last.fm about nigh-all aspects of my life; thus they should bloody well know that my tastes are far more sophisticated than stale radiopop such as some tune "Not Coming Home" by Maroon 5. Their claim to be called innovative, alternative, and daring is about as brittle as Britney's (or, to take a wild swing in another direction, Apple's for that sake; I've about had it up to here hearing the mindless fanboiz cheering ...)

I share with you this clonework (for some reason the video only starts at 0:17):



Wait a minute...

...

What's this? That break was not half bad...

Hmmm, and the rhytm section is actually swinging. I wonder, if they're funk-musicians turned rock/pop? And, though a bit over-the-top, that howling guitar is really not too bad. His voice is kind of funny, though; but in a ... kind-of-nice way, I must admit...

Am I turning soft?

2 comments:

Stephan said...

Yes.

Ebbe said...

Always were my friend. Previously just on the inside though. ;-)